Watermark Resort Caloundra welcomes groups to stay with us. This document outlines our terms and conditions for all group reservations.
The hotel reserves the right in its sole discretion to consider multiple reservations made by members of the same group, club, association, family or event as a single group reservation for the purpose of determining the total number of units being reserved.
These group reservation conditions apply to ALL reservations of 4 or more units. Any group reservation with 2 or more units may optionally book under these conditions.
Deposit & Payment
Deposits must be received at time of reservation. Full payment for all apartments must be made prior to arrival. Conditions of stay at Watermark Resort Caloundra require full payment prior to check-in. To ensure that group check-in is not delayed, please ensure full payment is made prior to arrival.
Discounts are provided on the basis that your group follows all of the terms and conditions of the reservation, including paying all deposits on time and in full. We reserve the right to reduce the discount offered to your group, or cancel the booking completely if deposits are not received in a timely manner.
Payments may be made via:
- Visa, Mastercard or EFTPOS (no surcharge)
- American Express (3.2% surcharge)
- Direct bank transfer
Deposits must be paid by:
|At reservation||$100 per unit|
|4 weeks before arrival||50% of total|
|1 week before arrival||100% of total|
The following fees apply for cancellations of individual units or the entire reservation. Cancellation notice periods are measured in clear calendar days prior to the date of check-in.
|More than 8 weeks before arrival||Free|
|8 weeks or less before arrival||$100 per unit|
|4 weeks or less before arrival||50% per unit|
|1 week or less before arrival||100% per unit|
We require a security bond of $100 bond per unit (minimum $500) for all group bookings. This may be paid in advance via direct transfer with refund after check-out, or via a pre-authorisation on a credit card at check-in.
Additions & Modifications
We will try our best to fulfil all requests for additions and modifications at no charge, however no guarantee is provided that the modification will be possible.
Direct booking advantage
We encourage group bookings direct with the hotel and provide a discount for groups booking direct (without going through a group organiser, travel agent or online travel agent). For groups who have booked direct with us, as well as the discount, we allow 1 unit to be cancelled free of charge up until 1 week prior to arrival, and if we can re-let any cancelled units for approximately the same length of time and rate, the cancellation fee will be reduced to $100.
Discounts from our advertised direct booking rates are provided to all reservations made direct with us under the group terms and conditions. Reservations made via a travel agent or online agent do not qualify for any discount. The discount is based on the final number of units actually used after all cancellations and modifications are considered. Deposits must be paid on time for discounts to be received.
|Number of units||Direct Booking||Agent Booking|
|1 to 9 units||5% discount||No discount|
|10 or more units||8% discount||No discount|
We will allocate rooms to your requirements as best as we are able and supply your group with a list of units with:
- unit tower and level
- unit type (2 or 3 bedroom, Standard/Superior/Waterfront/etc)
- unit bedding style (queen and 2 singles, queen and 4 singles, etc)
The actual allocated room numbers will supplied on check-in.
We require you to supply us with a list of all guests and the room identifier that the guest will be allocated to. This will allow us to answer questions from members of the group as to which unit other guests are in, and to manage the distribution and allocation of unit keys.
We reserve the right to cancel a booking
- If no deposit or insufficient deposit has been received as per the deposit policy, or
- By giving notice to the client of more than 8 weeks prior to arrival for bookings up to 10 units or 12 weeks prior to arrival for bookings of more than 10 units.
- If the hotel cancels a booking due to the client having insufficient deposit, refund of deposit monies is according to the cancellation policy.
- If the hotel cancels a booking for reasons other than issues with deposits, all deposit monies will be refunded in full to the client.
Conditions of Stay
Groups are expected to abide by the same conditions of stay that all other guests do. Some of our more prominent rules are:
- No smoking – we are a completely non-smoking unit complex including our balconies and common areas. Smoking areas and ashtrays are provided for guests who smoke. There will be $200 cleaning charges levied against guests who smoke on balconies or in rooms.
- No parties – we do not permit any parties in our units or common areas. Guests who have parties may be asked to leave without refund.